Friday, September 9, 2011

Candy Corn Smocking Design

The floss colors showed up so pretty on the black and white gingham, that I just had to throw in another picture! When Anna was little, it was a little unusual to put an infant in dark colors, but her dresses always got plenty of compliments. Now there seems to be no rules at all and we see little babies in bold prints and every color in the rainbow.

The "Candy Corn" smocking design is a simple design and is very easy for those new to Picture Smocking.
Click here for the printable Smocking plate.
*Not to leave the boys out, the next blog will share some ideas for putting the "Candy Corn" smocking design in a outfit for our little guys.
Michie'

3 comments:

Carla Fiedler said...

Thank you for the smocking plate; how cute!

Carla

Anna said...

Found a link to your blog on Pinterest. My sister gave me six dresses that are pre gathered for smocking. They will be perfect for our daughter this year so I will spend my winter getting them ready. This dress and plate are adorable! Too bad everything I have is springy! Maybe I will be a pro and could do this next fall.

PaTcHwOrK jEnN said...

Thank you! Just finished my daughter's first Halloween costume. A cabbage patch doll with a smocked black bishop dress using the candy corn plate.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails