Monday, April 26, 2010

I Love Old Photos!

Janet Gilbert, sent me this fantastic photo of her mother in 1936! The photo reminded her of one of my outfits on a previous blog. She said that the dress was red with white collar trim. We can not tell for sure, but there is either Feather Stitching between the collar pieces or they are joined with Faggoting. The dress has a small placket in front fastened with tiny buttons. Janet and I speculated whether the dress was on backwards, but after a little research I found a similar style from around that same time period. I felt sure that Janet's grandmother would not have dressed her daughter incorrectly for something as important as a photograph! If daddy had dressed her.......well anything is possible.

Thank you for sharing Janet!

Michie'




3 comments:

Laurie said...

I love old photographs too! What a darling little girl and the dress does remind me of one of your patterns! How cool is that?!? Thanks for sharing!

Ellie Inspired said...

When my grandma was going through old pictures, she had some copied for me. I love seeing the old pictures of my great-great grandparents and their beautiful heirloom clothing they wore for the portraits. I'm glad Janet sent you that one. I love the unique collar on such a pretty girl.

Debbie B said...

My mom has a picture of her when she was around 2 or 3 - taken in the mid-1930's. I love seeing her as a young child. She has these big brown eyes - I always wanted babies with big brown eyes, but got 2 with green eyes like mine!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails